Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

BSP- Halloween!

Yippee!!!! Halloween at the Brick Store! So one of my friends teased me and said she might go to the BSP Halloween party and i should go with. Well that planted a seed in my head and i really wanted to go. Usually Halloween is (1) on a school night or (2) arbitrarily placed on a weekend night for parties, but not really that night so it does not seem real. SO, here goes Halloween on a Saturday night and in a new house where we have tons of trick-or-treaters vs. my old house where no one came by.

Yippee!!! i got in the spirit of Halloween, bought some candy and treats, dressed up in a make-shift costume and gave out candy until the riff-raff from other neighborhoods starting infiltrating my 'hood. So i grabbed my umbrella again, because it was raining again... and walked it on up to the BSP. I had convinced melissa to meet me there for a drink and some food so she could get away from the barrage of trick or treaters at her house.

I have to say the BSP on Halloween is SO MUCH Fun! i will go there every year now! the costumes are GREAT the people are all in a good mood and well it is just the BSP. This time i ordered the Brunswick Stew which i love and have ordered many times before. I also got the pretzels and i don't think i have ever had those in the 8 years I've been here.

The stew was awesome... good as usual. the pretzels were a tad salty. Melissa loves salt and she could not even eat them. I had to scrape off the salt and eat the areas that were folded into creases. They were good, but i could do without the saltiness. YUm Yum...

of course Melissa had to leave in about 1 hour, so i stayed for a few minutes and talked to a few people. I love that everyone was in fun festive mood vs. the typical i hate you and everyone else Atlanta mood. I had fun... there was your typical drunk guy flirting with any girl that would give him attention. The highlight of the night was the guy in the all too believable devil costume. I did not stay for the contest, but i am sure he won some sort of prize.

No comments: