Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe - D.C.

I had read about this bookshop/cafe before I stumbled upon it in D.C. I first saw it on a busy weekend morning when there was a long wait and people were crammed in the bookstore waiting for a table. I chose to forgo the food and the shopping for the time being due to the madness in the store. A few days later I decided to try the place again. I got there just in time for the breakfast menu which stopped being served only minutes after i set down. I ordered an omelet as I had read that they were good. I was not impressed and thought the food and decor were sub-par. Two tables of people got up and left while I was there and I have to admit, i wanted to do the same.
When i left i wondered why i had wasted my money and wondered what all the hype was about.

No comments: