Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lauriol Plaza - Washington DC

I also ate at this restaurant while in DC on business. I had seen it written up while researching restaurants before the trip and also heard several people talking about it as a place they HAD to go while it town.
This is a huge fun restaurant that does not disappoint. There are 3 floors, so beware of the margaritas if you are seated on the 3rd floor. The only bathrooms are on the 1st floor. We arrived early enough not to have to wait, but when we left there were patrons lining up in the bar. We almost stayed here because everyone looked to be having so much fun.
We had the tamales as an appetizer. They were good and the salsa was as well. There was so much to choose from on the main menu it took a while to decide what to order. I settled on the Camarones Brochette because I did not want the traditional dishes i can get anywhere. These were shrimp stuffed with cheese and jalapeno, wrapped in bacon and grilled.
My friends stuck to more traditional items like fajitas and enchiladas. All of our dishes were great and there was so much food. Normally items like rice and beans are just plate filler for me, but in this case the beans were great and i found myself wanting to eat more but was way to full.
All in all this was a great restaurant with great atmosphere. I would recommend it to anyone.

No comments: